Monday, January 26, 2009

Hall family in Fenstanton/Hemingford - REQUEST LETTER 3

I’ve previously submitted two requests through the Historical research service order form of the Cambridgeshire Archives Service (results dates 29 July 2008 and 17 Sep 2008). These searches relate to my HALL and SETCHELL ancestors (primarily) in Huntingdonshire.

Based on the previous findings I’d like to order copies of some parish entries, and fill out some knowledge gaps and try to confirm relationships.

1. I’d like to begin with a general question. The main three people of interest to me that pre-date the 1841 census are Edward Hall (1764-1839 died in Fenstanton), his father William Hall (1726-1804 born/died in Hemingford Abbots) and his father William Hall (dates unknown, lived in Hemingford Abbots). Are there any archival records (parish censuses, electoral rolls etc.) available for the parish of Hemingford Abbots and surrounds that may help me learn more about these men, beyond parish records for births, deaths and marriages?

2. I’d like to request copies of the following baptisms of the children of Edward and Mary Hall in the parish of Fenstanton:
William Hall 1794
Hannah Hall 1796
Sarah Hall 1798
Ann Hall 1800
Mary Hall 1802
Charlotte Hall 1803 (burial – is there also a baptism?)

3. I’d like to request copies of the following baptisms of the children of William and Margaret Hall in the parish of Hemingford Abbots (note in one letter the researcher identified the parish as Hilton – could you please confirm which parish this is?):
William Hall 1761
Thomas Hall 1762
Edward Hall 1764
John Hall 1766
Hannah Hall 1769

4. I’d like to request a copy of the following marriage:
William Hall to Margaret Trice 1760 at St Ives

5. I’d like to request copies of the following baptisms of the children of William and Jane/Mary Hall in the parish of Hemingford Abbots:
Susana Hall 1718 (mother Jane)
William Hall 1720 (mother Jane)
William Hall 1723 (mother Jane)
William Hall 1726 (mother Mary)

6. I’d like to ascertain whether burials are recorded in Hemingford Abbots for any HALL family members from 1700-1770 (particularly those listed in 4)? This may help me solve when William marred Mary after Jane died. If Susana didn’t die young, is there any indication that she married?

7. For William Hall the senior. He married Jane RANDALL in 1717 in Hemingford Abbots. I’d like to order a copy of this marriage, and ask that you examine whether and HALL births pre-date 1717 in Hemingford Abbots – particularly for a William.

No comments: