Monday, September 8, 2008

Kathleen May HALL (1901-1912)

Kathleen May HALL died on the 4th of July 1912 and is buried in the Old Roman Catholic section of Junee cemetery.

From Normal Hall's letter of 1972:
''BRIDGE, my mother, as I mentioned married my father Alfred Ernest HALL (date shown on 'tree'. Four children were born of the union - myself (23:11:1896), Claude, Kathleen May and Winifred - at about 2 years intervals. Strangely enough on the night of Kathleen's birth a seven tailed comet appeared in the sky. Kathleen contracted meningitis when we moved to Junee and died about 1911 or 1912 - and rests in the sleep of peace in the quiet little cemetery just outside Junee. May she rest in peace."

Kathleen May HALL died on the 4th of July 1912 and is buried in the Old Roman Catholic section of Junee cemetery.

I e-mailed Pete Kilburn of Junee who was kind enough to send me photos of Kathleen's grave - it's amazing to me that almost 100 years later her headstone is in such amazing condition. It's wonderful to see her grave.

Kathleen May HALL - Junee

Kathleen May HALL - Junee

Kathleen May HALL - Junee

Kathleen May HALL - Junee

Kathleen May HALL - Junee

No comments: